[mythtv-users] State of the PVR150/250 in 0.26?

Larry T larryt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 00:14:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Larry T <larryt at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> |   1036 | 2013-01-14 05:00:00 |    0 |   33 |  319496 |
> >
> > There it is.  The recordedmarkup table thinks the recording length is
> 319.496s.
> >
> > You can see the meaning for the various values of the "type" column at
> >
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmyth/programtypes.h#L52
> > .
> >
> > Something very strange is happening to the recording at frame 5819 -
> > resolution is reported to have changed from 480x480 to 3819x2242.
> > Then at frame 6210 it switches to 3719x896 at 25Hz, and at frame 6224 it
> > finally settles at 480x480 at 29.97Hz.  I don't know if it is at all
> > related to the incorrect duration.
> >
> > What does the recordedmarkup table for that recording look like after
> > running "mythcommflag --rebuild --chanid <mychanid> --starttime
> > <mystarttime>" ?
>
> Never mind.  I'm pretty sure this has to do with mythcommflag.  In
> 0.26, there are several ways that the duration stored in the database
> is determined.  After a recording finishes, the duration is written as
> the number of seconds between the start time and end time of the
> recording.  Mythcommflag separately calculates the duration as the sum
> of the individual frame intervals processed during the final pass over
> the recording.  "Mythcommflag --rebuild" and "mythtranscode
> --buildindex" simulate playing all frames and similarly sum up the
> frame intervals.  I suspect that when mythcommflag runs, the final
> pass is not looking at every frame, but instead doing an optimization
> where it samples every nth frame.
>
> Can you tell me what your mythcommflag settings are?  Go to Settings >
> Video > General > Page 3 (Jobs).  What is the setting for "Commercial
> detection method", and which checkboxes are checked ("Enable
> experimental speedup of commercial detection" and "Strict commercial
> detection")?  My system has "All available methods", experimental
> speedup unchecked, strict commercial detection checked.  I've never
> seen such duration problems on my system.
>
> Jim

My settings mirror yours on one frontend that I checked. I have 2 frontends
but neither is on the system that has the PVR-150. The PVR-150 is headless
and is configured through mythbuntu to not have the frontend installed. I
am not sure if these settings are universal across all or machine
specific... As always, let me know if there is some other way I should
check for the settings on the specific server in question.