[mythtv-users] Recording rule to prevent any tuners from recording during certain times?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 16 16:46:29 UTC 2013

On 01/16/2013 11:34 AM, Jim Morton wrote:

> On 1/16/2013 11:23 AM, Jason Bilbrey wrote:
>> I'd like to schedule a reboot of my MythTV system on a reoccurring
>> basis.  That's easy enough, but I'd like to make sure that MythTV
>> isn't recording at that time.  Is there a way to make sure the system
>> recording rules prevent any recordings that would overlap the reboot
>> window?  For example, if I wanted to reboot daily at 1am, could I
>> make sure the system never schedules any programs to record from
>> 12:55am to 1:15am?
>>

> I suggest you make it from 1am - 1:30am so it is all contained inside
> one 30 minute "slot". (Or maybe even 1:05 - 1:25 to allow a few
> minutes for other begin early/end late rules.)
> Setup a time slot recording rule from 1:05am - 1:10am every night

You'd need a manual recording rule.  A time slot recording rule
specifies an exact program (by title) airing at a specific time (where
start and end time are identical in the listings).  Manual recording
rule lets you specify exact times to record from any given channel.

> to record directly into the deleted group. This will cause the
> scheduler to avoid the 1-1:30 slot for other recordings since it would
> be a conflict.

Assuming you have prioritized the manual recording rule sufficiently
high, and you have manual recording rules to fill up all of your tuners
(and virtual tuners).

> Then set your reboot up to happen at 1:12am.

So, better--if the exact reboot time isn't critical--would be to just
use mythshutdown to determine when is an acceptable time to reboot.

Mike