[mythtv-users] Recording rule to prevent any tuners from recording during certain times?

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Wed Jan 16 16:34:59 UTC 2013

On 1/16/2013 11:23 AM, Jason Bilbrey wrote:
> I'd like to schedule a reboot of my MythTV system on a reoccurring
> basis.  That's easy enough, but I'd like to make sure that MythTV
> isn't recording at that time.  Is there a way to make sure the system
> recording rules prevent any recordings that would overlap the reboot
> window?  For example, if I wanted to reboot daily at 1am, could I make
> sure the system never schedules any programs to record from 12:55am to
> 1:15am?

I suggest you make it from 1am - 1:30am so it is all contained inside
one 30 minute "slot". (Or maybe even 1:05 - 1:25 to allow a few minutes
for other begin early/end late rules.)
Setup a time slot recording rule from 1:05am - 1:10am every night to
record directly into the deleted group. This will cause the scheduler to
avoid the 1-1:30 slot for other recordings since it would be a conflict.
Then set your reboot up to happen at 1:12am.