[mythtv-users] Buffering issue with cmyth on XBMC

Adrian Romano romanoad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:21:25 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com>wrote:

> My first thoughts are that there's a network bottleneck. MPEG2
> recordings are large and if you're getting pauses while it buffers all
> the time it could be that it can't stuff the video down the network
> fast enough for your frontend. Are you sure both ends are connected at
> 100Mbps? If one end was only 10Mbps then it would surely struggle.

I fixed the issue with my Windows 8 box. I had the machine connected to a
wireless router (cabled), then the router was connected to the main switch.
I changed this to have the win8 box connected directly to the switch, and
it worked. I get a buffering only if i skip ahead like 5 or 6 times in a
row, but nothing on normal playback.

I haven't had time to mess with the pi, but I am going to try overclocking
to 900, if that doesn't work i will try to install xbian 1a4, because that
has been successful for people.