[mythtv-users] Buffering issue with cmyth on XBMC

Fa fayoeu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 01:29:40 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Adrian Romano <romanoad at gmail.com> wrote:

> That is what I originally thought. I knew that people had this working.
> Did you ever try running it at 800mhz? What are the other overclock
> settings, anything for gpu and over voltage?

I didn't care about voiding my Warranty since it is only $35.

(recalling from memory)
arm_freq=900
core_freq=450
sdram_freq=450
over_voltage=2

I also tried the following, but it keeps on corrupting my sd card on reboot.
arm_freq=930,950,1000
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6

See table at bottom
http://elinux.org/RPiconfig

> I am currently running 800 with no overvoltage, but I don't know the rest
> since I am not home. I may try to go to 900 tonight to see what happens.
> I know it takes a while to load the epg and everything, but all my issues
> happen after that. It is also very slow when changing channels and bringing
> up the guide.
> Both systems are connected to a 10/100 netgear switch, but could the
> buffering be due to some unseen network issue?

Did you try playing over uPNP or NFS?

Also I re-read your original post which said that you were having issues
playing on a windows 8 machine, so there might be more going on with your
mythbackend. You might want to look at the load on your mythbackend also.