[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.26 records live TV without being told to do so

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 18:49:24 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Michael T. Dean
>> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> > The best way to find out how much storage is used by Live TV (and
>> > Deleted
>> > Recordings) is to use the backend status page
>>
>> Which is what I said, but as I mentioned, it's not the easiest format
>> for getting at from monitoring/alert scripts (since you need to do an
>> HTTP request and parse it out). I can manage that, but not everyone
>> can.
>>

>> > If you want to clean up the Live TV at any time, go to Watch Recordings,
>> > select Live TV in the left column (i.e. using MENU|Change Group View to
>> > include Live TV or MENU|Change Group Filter to show only Live TV), then
>> > MENU|Add this group to playlist, MENU|Playlist options|Delete.  You can
>> > do
>> > the same with Deleted shows to remove them from disk.
>>
>> It's handy to know you can delete an entire group at once (didn't
>> realize that), but that's not really what I was after. I was asking
>> about moving actual recordings from the LiveTV group, so that the
>> LiveTV storage group only contains LiveTV. Right now, if you are busy
>> using a tuner when a recording starts and you choose the "watch while
>> it records" option, that "recording" actually goes into the LiveTV
>> storage group (unless this changed recently...I haven't checked in the
>> last 6 months or so). The same happens if you start watching a show
>> live and then decide if you want to keep it as a recording
>>
>> --
>> Ron Frazier
>

> IIRC, that is a bug. It may have been fixed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas Mashos

that bug has not been fixed.

however, if you hit record again so it "stops" the recording, then hit
record again, it seems to place it in the default recording group,
which is only a slightly more convenient way of getting around the
bug... Now just how to get the wife/housemates/dog to do that...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!