[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.26 records live TV without being told to do so

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 18:43:02 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure I understand. Why do you want to waste your time manually
>> managing free space?
>
> So I know when I really need to get off my ass and clean up my other
> non-tv media, add more storage space, commercial strip/transcode stuff
> I intend to keep, etc...so that recordings don't start disappearing on
> me.
>
> --
> Ron Frazier

you just need to buy a second drive, keep recordings on one, media on another.

Or be overindulgent like I am, and have six 500GB drives for
recordings and six 2TB drives for media/etc storage =P

and never the two sets shall share duty!

Also, there is a setting in MythTV where you can tell it how much free
space it must maintain on a drive. If you are worried about not ever
having 50GB for that blu-ray rip, just set it to 100GB or whatever...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!