[mythtv-users] MythMusic on resume

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Mon Jan 7 18:21:42 UTC 2013

On 06/01/13 19:39, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello list, I have a new MythTV system with 0.26 MythMusic version. At
> first days it was so difficult to understand the playlist method (on
> the last version I used the directory way). Now I love it and is so
> easy to use it.
>
> But I have a little problem. When I am playing a playlist it works
> well. Then I go out from MythMusic and if I enter without switch off
> the PC it start in the same playlist. This is great.
>
> The problem comes when I am playing a playlist and exit from the
> MythMusic and shutdown the computer and start again the MythMusic, it
> start with a different playlist than the last I wa played.
>
> Is this normal? Could someone confirm this?
>
> Thanks and kind regards.
>
> --
> Josu Lazkano

It's definitely not normal. How are you shutting down your system? There
was a problem with MythMusic not saving the playlists until the FE
cleanly shut down. The problem is if you use the FE popup menu to
shutdown your systems the FE never cleanly shuts down so MythMusic never
gets a chance to save the playlists properly. The version of MythMusic
in my fork saves the playlists when they are changed not on FE exit so
doesn't have this problem. I think Stuart Morgan may have cherry picked
the fix into master as well but to be honest I've completely lost track
of what fixes he has applied to master. Don't think he has applied any
MythMusic fixes to 0.26-fixes so that bug is likely still present there.

Paul H.