[mythtv-users] android playback without HLS?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jan 7 14:37:55 UTC 2013

On 13-01-07 09:14 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:

> Brian,

Hi Daniel,

> The app isn't meant to be a replacement for your normal DVR watching
> habits, just a complement to it (i.e. you are sitting in the airport, on a
> train, or taking the kids on a long car ride, etc.).

But a more and more frequent complement is that everyone has a tablet
and/or phone anymore and will be sitting around the house with it and
just decide to watch something on it instead of heading down the livingroom.

Or maybe they just want portability with their watching, or they are
working out in their home gym where there is no Myth FE, etc.

> I understand what you are saying about not needing to transcode when you
> are on your home network.  It was not something we considered.

And that's fair enough.  I do understand your goals.  Just throwing out
some different, unexpected use-cases to be considered.  :-)

> I will see
> what capabilities we have available to us in the SDK and see if it is
> something we can add to the app.

Cool.

> However, our primary concern right now is
> to get all the basic functionality working across all the features of the
> app.

Fair enough.

Cheers
b.