[mythtv-users] State of the PVR150/250 in 0.26?

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Thu Jan 3 00:10:32 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 02:32:42PM -0700, Ian Jackson wrote:
>    Hi all,
>    I've been using mythtv on and off for better part of the decade. I've
>    gone through a number of hardware upgrades. For the last couple years,
>    I've been running the hvr1250 as my primary tuner card. I've kept a the
>    pvr150 in the machine as backup. However, with a recent upgrade
>    to Ubuntu 12.04, I've seen numerous lockups, which go away as soon as I
>    disable (not uninstall) the pvr150. I've also tried the pvr250 to the
>    same results. Are these cards now considered legacy? I've considered
>    upgrading to the hvr2250. Is now the time to retire the tuners?
>    Also as part of the shift to digital, my cable provider (Shaw) has
>    recently removed cable-fm. Is anybody still working on an FM Radio
>    plugin? I know the answer is "use online streams", but the radio
>    station I listen to (Sonic102.9 Edmonton) has hidden their stream
>    behind a flash player that I haven't been able to figure out how to
>    extract the raw feed from.
>    Finally, I'm also a siriusxm subscriber. It seems the last upgrade
>    of their website broke almost every softplayer out there. Has anybody
>    figure a workaround at all? The best I can do is use the app on my
>    phone.
>    Ian

I have a PVR500 and a PVR150 both with .26 for a little over a month
now and still record quite a bit with both. So far so good, no lockups.

Of course, now that I've said that, I'm sure I'll be hosed soon enough!

--
  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://oddprocess.org

Gentoo Linux i686 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5130 @ 2.00GHz
19:09:09 up 26 days, 4:26, 6 users, load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.05