[mythtv-users] Problem playing video rendered with KDENLIVE

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Feb 27 18:25:02 UTC 2013

On 2/27/2013 11:52, Jochen Meissner wrote:
> Mythtv frontend plays all my old mpeg-2 videos fine, but it does not
> play mpeg-2 video rendered in KDENLIVE.  However, both MoviePlayer and
> DragonPlayer play them without problems. Permissions are the same.  When
> I select play the screen goes to "Please wait..." for about 5 seconds
> and then back to the screen with "Done" and "Play" at the bottom.

Just to be clear, you're talking about playing home movies created in
Kdenlive, and accessed through the video library, and the mention of
your HDHomeRun was irrelevant other than to show that other MPEG-2 video
playback worked.

First guess without seeing any logs, you've configured the Video Library
to use local paths using the dialogs in mythfrontend, rather than remote
paths using the Videos storage group in mythtv-setup. That means the
frontend is trying to access the content directly, the backend is not
involved to stream the content to the frontend, and you cannot play the
video because you do not have the content mounted to the filesystem on
the remote frontend.