[mythtv-users] Problem playing video rendered with KDENLIVE

Jochen Meissner jdm at meissners.us
Wed Feb 27 16:52:46 UTC 2013

I am new to this but my system works ok (most of the time). I am a
Comcast customer using HD Homerun Prime and it works well. Video, music and

Mythtv runs on a backend/frontend with one extra frontend only box in my
office.

Mythtv frontend plays all my old mpeg-2 videos fine, but it does not
play mpeg-2 video rendered in KDENLIVE.  However, both MoviePlayer and
DragonPlayer play them without problems. Permissions are the same.  When
I select play the screen goes to "Please wait..." for about 5 seconds
and then back to the screen with "Done" and "Play" at the bottom.

Any input would be appreciated.  My "frontend only" does not seem to
have a mythtv directory in /var/log/ so I cannot easily provide more
specific info.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thx,
Jochen