[mythtv-users] Stuttering

Todd Brady Brady at domainvc.com
Mon Feb 11 03:30:15 UTC 2013

I had the same stuttering, choppy video, but with all videos and LiveTV
after upgrading from 0.25 to 0.26. There are lots of reports about this
sort of thing with VDPAU, esp with Zotac ION mobos. The trick that worked
for me at least was to add vdpaubuffercount=42 to the custom filter box
(FE Setup > Video > Playback > screen 3/8 edit VDPAU > screen 2 of the
edit is where the custom filter box is). 20 was about the lowest I could
go before I ran into choppy stuttering video. YMMV. More info on this
setting at the VDPAU mythtv wiki.