[mythtv-users] Repeating previously recorded...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 10 16:03:33 UTC 2013

On 02/10/2013 01:56 AM, Michael Watson wrote:
> On 10/02/2013 1:59 PM, Jason Bilbrey wrote:
>> program.stars >= 0.75 AND program.category_type='movie'
>> AND program.closecaptioned > 0 AND channel.channum < 100
>>
>> Check for duplicate method - Subtitle and Description
>
> Ive found "Subtitle then Description" works better.

FWIW, "Subtitle, then description," is only required for listings data
that sometimes has no subtitle information.  If your listings provide
proper subtitles, it works exactly the same as "Subtitle and
description."  Based on the OP's e-mail address, I'm guessing he's a US
resident, and, therefore, should be using Schedules Direct data, so has
no need for "Subtitle, then description."

That said, I think the problem--based on your first description--is that
the shows you /think/ are duplicates aren't.  See
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Duplicate_matching , especially the section
on Program ID, which will also tell you that generally, the duplicate
check method is irrelevant (at least if you get good guide data--and if
you're using Schedules Direct, you have good guide data).

Or, if you're not using Schedules Direct, the problem is one of
garbage-in/garbage-out.  I.e. US EIT data is garbage and makes /you/
work for MythTV rather than allowing MythTV to do all the work for you.

Mike