[mythtv-users] mythlogserver fixes/0.26 OS-X?

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sun Feb 3 01:21:49 UTC 2013

At 3:50 PM -0800 2/2/13, Glenn wrote:
>FWIW, I've found a solution that works for me:
>http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10890

That's not a 'solution'; it is a blunt-force hack to work around the
problem.  Check Console.app and I expect you'll find that, when no
myth program is running, mythlogserver quits every 5 minutes and
launchd fires up a new copy.  Possibly waking the machine from sleep?

If you leave the backend running all the time, I guess it is no harm.
For a machine that's intermittently used as a frontend, it will waste
a lot of memory.

Craig