[mythtv-users] Old primary BE switch to secondary BE

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 03:05:05 UTC 2013

No need to retain the database, but want to have the files on the
secondary available to the new primary BE.
Tried from MythBE setup and Myth Control Center. Also checked the
/etc/mythtv config files.
But, mythutil keeps trying to use the local database.

Mythbuntu 12.04, MythTV 0.27fixes, latest updates, daily updated as
available.

Did I miss anything in the Wiki? Or am I missing something else? It
*seems* to have a config file I'm missing somewhere.
Currently, I'm on a dirty workaround with NFS, symlinks, subdirectories,
etc.

Later upcoming science project will be to set up a couple of iSCSI units
as a SAN, mirrored off of each other to serve up the whole lot, rather
than multiple servers holding all those files. I just don't want to lose
files that are on a RAID unit just yet.

~I get Christmas cards *and* thank you letters monthly from the electric
company. But, the linemen hate me for line sag in the winter, the summer
being true horror for them.