[mythtv-users] mythweb icons

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 01:32:50 UTC 2013

On 12/14/2013 07:01 PM, James Linder wrote:
> Hi
>
> My mythweb has no icons.
>
> The wiki says
> Channel Icons are not appearing
>
> If you do not see channel icons in the listings page, there are two possible problems:
>
> 1) The option is not enabled
> 		• Click the "Settings" button (a picture of a key & wrench), click the "MythWeb" button on the left, click the "MythWeb Defaults"  tab, and verify that there is a check in the box for "Show the channel icons"
> 2) The channel icons have not been retrieved
> 		• Run mythtv-setup, select "Channel Editor", select "Icon Download", and then select "Download all icons" from the list. Further  information on channel icons is available in the Channel_icons page.
>
> My settings show ALL including 'show the channel icons' checked
> mythtv-setup channel-editor shows each channel with icons
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

If you're running 0.27, this I'd try this test:

     http://<yourMasterBackend>:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=<oneOfYourChannelIds>

That's how mythweb gets its icons. Next see if the directory mythweb
stores its icons in is writable. E.g.: /var/www/mythweb/data/tv_icons.
The owner and group might be something like www-data.

--
Bill