[mythtv-users] mythweb icons

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Sun Dec 15 22:21:13 UTC 2013

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're running 0.27, this I'd try this test:
>
>     http://<yourMasterBackend>:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?
> ChanId=<oneOfYourChannelIds>
>
> That's how mythweb gets its icons. Next see if the directory mythweb
> stores its icons in is writable. E.g.: /var/www/mythweb/data/tv_icons.
> The owner and group might be something like www-data.

I'm also having problems with channel icons in 0.27, but my problem may be
more extensive than the OP.  I have a combined FE/BE.  I have downloaded
the icons from mythtv-setup as the user that runs mythbackend (my main
user).  I don't see them in the EPG or in mythweb.  The icon files are in
~/.mythtv/channels.  They all have the long file names, like
comedy_central_us.jpg

 http://<myMasterBackend>:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=902 should
return a value but I get a blank screen.  I can put anything in for ChanId
and I don't get a message.

I'm running the latest RPMFusion build of 0.27 for Fedora 19.

Version info:
MythTV Version : v0.27-109-gcb744f8
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20131107-1
QT Version : 4.8.5
Options compiled in:
 linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2
using_libudf using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2
using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libudf