[mythtv-users] New channel logo not displaying

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 14:17:39 UTC 2013

On 12/09/2013 03:32 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 09/12/13 03:10, blind Pete wrote:
>> Sorry to hijack the thread...
>>
>> On Mythbuntu 12.04.3 with Mythtv
>> 0.27+fixes that seems to be,
>> /root/.mythtv/channels/[image_files].
>>
>> I've linked /root/.mythtv/channels to point to
>> /etc/mythtv/channels which points to
>> /home/[user]/.mythtv/channels.
>>
>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/chnnels/ exists, but is empty.
>>
>> That *mostly* works.  Some icons are not displayed.
>>
>> I've downloaded Frogman's pale blue png icons for Australia.
>>
> The potential problem with icons stored under the root directory is that they will have restrictive permissions. The mythtv user might be able
> to read them but updating them would probably not work.
>
> Better to put them under /etc/channels and give them the correct user/group/permissions, then everyone can find, use and update them.

Hi, but he's on 0.27 and the backend expects to find the channels directory
under the .mythtv/channels directory of the user that runs the backend. If
they're put there, then all frontends, mythweb and the Services API will be
able to find them (as will Webfrontend in 0.28.) Nothing wrong with putting
them in /etc/channels and creating a link to that directory, it's just not
necessary.

--
Bill