[mythtv-users] New channel logo not displaying

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Dec 9 09:32:31 UTC 2013

On 09/12/13 03:10, blind Pete wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 07:38:22 +0100
> Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org> wrote:

>>> They won't for long. I'm on trunk and had to switch all of them to
>>> relative paths. I'm not sure what change did it or if the same
>>> thing went into fixes but you should listen to Stuart.
>>
>> Channel icons have a partial implementation of storage groups. Moving
>> them manually to
>> /home/<User that runs mythbackend>/.mythtv/channels/wutv_buffalo.jpg
>> and changing the database to contain only the filename allows you
>> to use it now rather then later.
>
> Sorry to hijack the thread...
>
> On Mythbuntu 12.04.3 with Mythtv
> 0.27+fixes that seems to be,
> /root/.mythtv/channels/[image_files].
>
> I've linked /root/.mythtv/channels to point to
> /etc/mythtv/channels which points to
> /home/[user]/.mythtv/channels.
>
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/chnnels/ exists, but is empty.
>
> That *mostly* works.  Some icons are not displayed.
>
> I've downloaded Frogman's pale blue png icons for Australia.

The potential problem with icons stored under the root directory is that they
will have restrictive permissions. The mythtv user might be able to read them
but updating them would probably not work.

Better to put them under /etc/channels and give them the correct
user/group/permissions, then everyone can find, use and update them.

--

Mike Perkins