[mythtv-users] New channel logo not displaying

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 04:04:21 UTC 2013

On 12/08/2013 09:10 PM, blind Pete wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 07:38:22 +0100
> Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org> wrote:

>>> They won't for long. I'm on trunk and had to switch all of them to
>>> relative paths. I'm not sure what change did it or if the same
>>> thing went into fixes but you should listen to Stuart.
>>
>> Channel icons have a partial implementation of storage groups. Moving
>> them manually to
>> /home/<User that runs mythbackend>/.mythtv/channels/wutv_buffalo.jpg
>> and changing the database to contain only the filename allows you
>> to use it now rather then later.
>
> Sorry to hijack the thread...
>
> On Mythbuntu 12.04.3 with Mythtv
> 0.27+fixes that seems to be,
> /root/.mythtv/channels/[image_files].
>
> I've linked /root/.mythtv/channels to point to
> /etc/mythtv/channels which points to
> /home/[user]/.mythtv/channels.
>
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/chnnels/ exists, but is empty.
>
> That *mostly* works.  Some icons are not displayed.

Sounds way too complex. See:

     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_icons#Universal_Location

*All* icons 'work for me'. 0.27 mythweb uses the Services API to get it's
icons so in addition to testing with mythfrontend, you can use:

     <yourMasterBackend>:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=<chanid>

The only example of the Mythbuntu Upstart .conf file I know of is:

     http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/mythtv/mythtv-master/view/head:/debian/mythtv-backend.upstart

That would be executed by user root, but run mythbackend as user mythtv,
assuming yours looks the same.

Maybe your installation alters user mythtv's $HOME or sets $MYTHCONFDIR
or has a wrapper script in front of mythbackend etc. You get the
opportunity to figure that out. You could also have links in ~mythtv/.
mythtv. Bottom line, you should be able to keep all the icons in a
single place and not require any links.

--
Bill