[mythtv-users] 0.27 Mythmusic regressions?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Dec 6 12:43:18 UTC 2013

On 06/12/13 11:34, birchley giles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Fedora 19 x86_64 with Mythtv 0.27 on a combined frontend /
> backend. I'm using the rpmfusion repository to get mythtv (and mythmusic)
>
> A longstanding and halting project has been to transfer my very large
> music collection from cd, cassette and vinyl to mythmusic. I've
> currently got about 6000 tracks transferred. In the past I've had
> problems with the metadata producing unhelpful track information (a
> particular problem with classical music where I prefer the composer to
> be the artist, rather than the orchestra or conductor).
>
> The process of changing and adding metadata really seemed to be improved
> in 0.26 and I was able to google images for artists and album covers,
> but this feature seems to have regressed in 0.27 - I no longer get the
> option to search the web for images and metadata. I also find that
> disabling id3 tag reading does not work in 0.27, when this feature
> worked in 0.26. Have these features been disabled or is it a particular
> problem with the rpmfusion build?
>
> As data needs changing on a per track basis in the mythmusic, I've found
> it easiest to directly hack the metadata using mysql, resulting in mysql
> tables that are a bit of mess, and I have some odds and ends of files /
> folders in the music library whose titles do not correspond to the
> database entry. But it all works, just so long as I don't rescan my
> library in it's entirety! So please don't suggest this as a workaround ;)
>
> Many thanks for your answers,
>
> Giles

I would like to add other queries about MythMusic, which I've never
really understood - or perhaps I should say 'at all'.  I would like to
use it as a straightforward player of Myth radio recordings which have
been stripped to just the mp2 component.  I can play a selected
recording from its start at variable speeds but I haven't found step
forward or back keys, and several of the key bindings shown in frontend
setup don't seem active.  This is 0.27-fixes/F18/rpmfusion too.  Sorry
Paul, it's me again :-)

John P