[mythtv-users] Forcing Recording Fails

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 6 02:57:35 UTC 2013

On 12/05/2013 12:58 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> I'm only guessing here, but even a 0 bite recording may cause your
> data base to think you already have it recorded, hense your listings
> show recorded at an earlier time instead.
> Can anyone else confirm or dispute this?

Yes, a "0-byte recording" (which is actually a successful recording--as
the card/driver emitted no errors--that resulted in a 0-byte or
non-existent file) is a valid recording.  To force a re-record, you must
either delete and allow re-record, or create a rule that disables
duplicate matching, or set up the recording rule and then force the
recording when it says it was previously recorded (which is a 2nd step
after creating the new rule).

That said, rather than using the guide to see what's happening, you
should go to mythfrontend's Upcoming Recordings (or Previously Recorded,
depending on when you check it out) and find the episode to find out why
it is not recording.

Mike