[mythtv-users] 0.27 mythcenter theme: cannot scroll up from the top any more

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Dec 3 09:29:05 UTC 2013

On 03/12/13 02:40, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 12/02/2013 04:37 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 02/12/13 01:36, Karl Newman wrote:
>>

>>> You've mentioned your changes a few times on this list. I think there's
>>> enough interest that you could just post your modified file (or even
>>> better, patches for the individual features).
>>>

>> +1.  Ziggy kindly sent me an earlier version of his file, without the
>> thumbs override, and I've been using it for the last month on my
>> Fedora 18/rpmfusion box.  A unified diff is less than a page and not
>> difficult to understand.  Why not just open a Ticket with that as a
>> patch?
>
> You guys do realize that the changes you dislike were made because the
> maintainer of MythCenter-wide wanted them, right?  These weren't
> accidental changes.  (And though we've heard, here, from some people who
> dislike the changes, I doubt any of those who like the changes felt a
> need to speak up--but I'm pretty sure that there are some who do like
> them.)  I'm not saying that things won't change, but I will say that he
> who does the work of maintaining the theme gets final say in what does
> and doesn't go in.
>
> (So keep that in mind if/when I ask if anyone wants to step up to be
> part of a team maintaining MythCenter/MythCenter-wide themes...)
>
> Mike

I don't argue with the maintainer's right to make changes that s/he
finds desirable, and I have no idea if dragons are lying in wait.  I
just find the patched version better in use.  The change in scrolling
seems like a regression and others are technically impressive but impede
usability.

Now that the patch is available people have the choice.  A supported
ready-patched theme, or a switch, would, of course, be better.

John