[mythtv-users] Mac OSx frontend live TV issue.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 04:05:09 UTC 2013

On 22 August 2013 13:53, Tom Harris <thom.j.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't know this was ever stabilized.  When I last checked this (probably
> 1.5+ years ago) it was not very solid.
> Is this the old code based on Accelent (from ticket #1279) or another
> implementation of MPEG2 acceleration?
MPEG2 hardware acceleration on mac was never an official API, it was
only available when using the now obsoleted Quartz video framework and
Carbon.
Now everything is using CoreVideo/Cocoa (since 10.5)

H264 hardware decoding was made official with the VDA Framework and
introduced in OS X 10.6.2 (and only for some specific nvidia GPU at
the time).
Now all machines released since 2009 are supported by VDA.