[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 25.30 background image watch recordings

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 17:23:44 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> On 17.08.2013 16:46, Aaron Klein wrote:
> > Under the theme chooser the screen shot sample for the mythbuntu 25.30
> > theme reflects a background image that relates to the recording
> > selected.  The same holds for the sample on the mythtv wiki
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/File:Mythbuntu_theme.png On my three
> > backends that have the this theme selected I do not get background
> > images under watch recordings.  I just have a black/grey like hash in
> > the
> background.
>
> It sounds like you do not have any artwork. Or does the artwork appear in
> other themes?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Enhancing_Recordings_with_Metadata_Lookup
>
> Regards,
> Karl
>
> Interestingly I hadn't noticed but I have this same issue. On both a
> combined BE/FE and a FE.
>
> I toggled to 'Blue Abstract' theme and started scrolling through programs
> (which initially had no artwork) and after a short  delay (like a short
> "downloading" delay) the artwork started popping up (but only on the
> programs that I scrolled through). Jump back to 'Mythbuntu' theme and it
> now
> displays the artwork that appeared while scrolling in 'Blue Abstract', but
> no new images are coming through. Repeated and scrolled through a few more
> programs in 'Blue Abstract' and same outcome with additional artwork
> downloaded.
>
> EDIT: And to just add a little more info. I have two movies recorded a
> couple of hours apart, one is now showing artwork after scrolling through
> the program in the 'Blue Abstract' theme and one does not. In the Manage
> Recordings > Recording Options > Metadata Options screen neither have a
> TMDB/TVDB number and neither prompt to select a match automatically in that
> screen. Also selecting 'Perform Query' returns 'No Match Found' for both
> even though it has clearly found a precise match for one and downloaded the
> artwork. Searching TMDB directly using only title - the one with the
> artwork
> downloaded  has a single match whereas the second has three matches (but
> only one with the correct year).
> - Mythfrontend version: fixes/0.26 (v0.26.0-220-g92dbb43)
> - MythTV Python Bindings
>   local versions
>     bindings version:         0.26.0.0
>     ttvdb version:            1.2.1
>     tmdb version:             v0.2.6
>   external versions
>     lxml version:             3.1.0
>     MySQLdb version:          1.2.3.final.0
>   protocol versions
>     backend:                  75
>     schema:                   1307
>     music schema:             1018
>     netvision schema:         1007
>
> Mark

I was thinking this would be automatic but for some reason it wasnt.  The
link provided gave me some commands to run to assign the correct numbers to
the metadata.  I had previously checked the lookup metadata option on my
recording rules so I could get season and episode information.  I have seen
simular behavior as also described above between the two themes.  Artwork
does not show up in mythbuntu as consistantly as it does in the blue
abstract theme.