Solon Boomer-Jenks mfrm at boomer-jenks.net
Sat Aug 17 15:09:49 UTC 2013

> Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 12:05:20 -0400
> From: Solon Boomer-Jenks<mfrm at boomer-jenks.net>
> To:mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Issues Setting up HTTP Live Streaming
> 	Recorder
>
>> On Sunday, 28 July 2013, Solon Boomer-Jenks wrote:
>>
>>>    I'm having difficulty getting this setup.
>>>
>>> --I followed all the steps outlined in the wiki article.http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Setting_up_HTTP_Live_Streaming_Recorder
>>>

>> If you did... It would work... Unfortunately, that's a fact... No two ways
>> around it...
> Actually I would consider it quite fortunate if I discovered a simple error that was preventing this from working.
>
>>> --This resulted in the channels appearing in the program guide, but they appear light blue and I am unable to access them (selecting one will just close the program guide and return me to the last live TV channel).  If I type in the channel number (ie 301), I get the following message: "MythTV is already using all available inputs for the channel you selected. If you want to watch an in-progress recording,
>>> select one from the playback menu. If you want to watch Live TV, cancel one of the in-progress recordings from the delete menu."  (nothing is recording other than the currently selected OTA live TV station)
>>>

>> There is no program guide or channel information provided if you followed
>> the steps in the guide above. So there's no point going into the program
>> guide as there's nothing in it.
> I only mentioned the program guide because the channel numbers and names
> do show up there-- so the channels are being added.  I realize there
> isn't going to be any program data.  Unless you're saying the channels
> should not even show up there, in which case I'm at a complete loss as
> to what I could have done to make them appear.
>
>> The steps required to summarise:
>> Shut dhow mythbackend
>> Start mythtv-setup
>> Create in capture cards an IPTV entry with the URL to the HLS playlist as
>> mentioned in the guide
>> Create a Source that does nothing
>> Assign the capture card to the source, then scan for channels.
>>
>> Quit mythtv-setup, restart mythbackend
>>
>> That's it...
> Just to be sure, I deleted the capture card and source and started
> over.  Created a capture card of type network recorder with your URL,
> created a source with no grabber, assigned the source to the input and
> scanned.  Same result.
>
>>> --I accidentally discovered that if I kill the mythbackend daemon and restart it under my own ID  (instead of mythtv), I can access one of these channels (whichever one I pick).  However, if I then select another, it times out.  Thereafter, they all appear in light blue and inaccessible just as above.
>> Winds like you haven't finish mythtv-setup and created or assigned the
>> right playback group. You need to set at least a default where the
> [...]

I took a few screen grabs of my configuration:
http://www.boomer-jenks.com/HLS/image1.jpg
http://www.boomer-jenks.com/HLS/image2.jpg
http://www.boomer-jenks.com/HLS/image3.jpg

And here's the Default storage group:
http://www.boomer-jenks.com/HLS/image4.jpg

And here's what happens when I go to Live TV and type 301 <enter>:
http://www.boomer-jenks.com/HLS/image5.jpg

That last image shows that I am able to record live TV off from my
tuners, which I would think would rule out storage groups as an issue.

Any other suggestions of what could be wrong here?