[mythtv-users] Card 10?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 12 14:32:36 UTC 2013

On 08/11/2013 05:41 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Hello Mythizens, I do remember exiting myth back end with a capture
> device set at "starting channel, Please add" but I hadn't gone back in
> in a while. Now after setting up a new card I'm cautioned to go back
> and fix "Card 10" which is set at Please add, my problem is that I see
> only 9 card options and don't know how to fix what I can't see.
> I'm running MythTV 0.25 inside a Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop Environment,
> front and back in one box. I don't see any side effects at this point,
> its just a nag I'd like to remedy. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

10 is a (useless to the end user) internal number that's used by MythTV
to identify the card.  It has no bearing on the number of cards shown in
mythtv-setup, as it's an auto-increment value that may or may not be
contiguous values, and there may be "unseen" virtual cards, too.

So, you'll just have to go into the Input Connections and select each
one of the cards/inputs and look for the one that says "Please add
channels to this source" and change it to a proper channel number (as it
sounds like you've properly added channels to the source since you
originally configured the input).

(Yes, we realize this isn't user-friendly, but that's one more problem
with having an old legacy setup application that's going to be replaced
completely (making it hard to devote time to improving something that's
destined to disappear), not to mention the fact that we have far more to
do than time to do it.)

Mike