[mythtv-users] UK Freeview with HD: terrestrial versus satellite

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Aug 5 20:04:49 UTC 2013

On 05/08/13 20:11, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking for some guidance from UK users as to whether
> terrestrial or satellite has greater reliability.
>
> At the moment, I'm receiving a terrestrial signal. I have two SD USB
> tuners, and one HD USB tuner. If I scan, I get the same channels on
> multiple multiplexers, and it isn't clear to me how Myth chooses which
> mux to use for recording. Some don't seem to work so well, so I get zero
> byte recordings. I'm trying - slowly - to establish which channels on which
> muxes result in these problems so that I can remove them.
>
> I'm wondering if satellite may be more reliable. I'd be interested in
> hearing the experiences of UK users who use, or have used, both
> terrestrial and satellite.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

You might find this procedure useful.  That will depend on where you are
and whether you know which transmitter you want to use; but it ought to
give you a sensible starting configuration for DVB-T/T2.

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10217#comment:15

Transmitter info  http://www.ukfree.tv/txlist.php