[mythtv-users] Hauppage Nova-TD and failed recordings

Simon Waldman lists at firecloud.org.uk
Wed Apr 17 19:03:09 UTC 2013

Thanks for the various replies. Apologies if this breaks anybody's
threading, but I'm going to reply to them all at once.

The warm start issue sounds promising - I shall look into this when time
permits (probably the weekend). The machine does actually shutdown, not
stand by or hibernate, but it's possible that the USB port remains powered.

Before 0.26 I was on 0.25, and before that I was on 0.24 with an older
version of Mythbuntu. To be honest, this has been going on a while and I
don't remember exactly when the problems started - it *might* have been
with the 0.25 upgrade rather than the 0.26 one.

I do only have active EIT scans enabled on one of the two tuners. However,
I've just tried switching it so that it's the *second* one - this will mean
that the one that the backend tries to use first after powering the system
on isn't the one doing scans. No idea whether this should make any
difference, but can't hurt to try :-)

And yes, to be clear, this is the USB version that I'm referring to! I have
successfully used it with Crystal Palace, about 3-4 miles away with direct
line of sight, before the analogue switch-off. Reception was abysmal. I
always meant to try an attenuator but never got around to it - but I
thought it might also be because I was so close that I might be getting
caught in weird close-range effects (since I think they direct the beam
with phase shifting?). That was with an old version of Ubuntu, so I don't
imagine modinfo would be much use for you now?

Thanks for all the replies. I shall investigate them at the weekend and
report back!

--
Simon Waldman
swaldman at firecloud.org.uk