[mythtv-users] HLS streaming mp3lame problem

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Apr 13 17:08:07 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-12, at 11:26 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> This could be fallout related to the ffmpeg update that went into master recently.
> If you have a chance to test, I'd try reverting to just before that and testing
> again.

Well, I'm getting inconsistent results. Before/after ffmpeg resync didn't make a difference so I rolled back all the way to the last version that transcoded successfully: v0.27-pre2-766-g20c0935 from March 22 and now even that gives the same mp3 s16 unsupported error.

My initial suspicion was something outside of myth had gotten out of sync so I upgraded a few mp3 related libs using deb-multimedia.org but then tried to go back to regular debian libraries so who knows what state things are in at this point.

I guess I'd go back to my initial question: is anyone running current master and using HLS streaming? For me things went south when I installed a pull of v0.27-pre2-783-g9913a09 on April 1.

- George