[mythtv-users] VBIThread errors

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat Apr 13 02:34:08 UTC 2013

Just to close the loop on this one...

I think I narrowed this down to a problem with the 3.8.8 kernel and its
respective drivers.  I was getting a slew of weird issues like this,
including odd VIA network errors, that all added up to something really
being out of whack.  Since I moved from a very stable F16 setup to an
unstable F18 configuration, I figured I would install the F16 3.6.x kernel
on my F18 box.

I yum installed the F16 kernel from my local repo mirror, rebooted, and the
system *appears* be functioning like it should.  I've got my fingers
crossed, but I think I am good since it would normally have completely
spiraled downwards by now.

-Rich