[mythtv-users] HLS streaming mp3lame problem

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Apr 12 19:09:12 UTC 2013

Hi, the past while my HLS streams have been failing due to an mp3 encoding issue:

CoreContext avformatdecoder.cpp:245 (myth_av_log) - [libmp3lame @ 0x7f84c2bb1760] Specified sample format s16 is invalid or not supported

I don't think anything has changed in the HLS code recently and I'm running libmp3lame 3.99 which is from 2011 so I'm puzzled. As far as I can tell my build from March 22 was OK while my April 1 build seems to be wonky.

The input files are atsc recordings with ac3 audio although I also tried streaming an old ivtv recording and that failed too.

I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to bisect the thing but in the meantime I wanted to ask if anyone else is making use of HLS streaming with a recent master. At least that would tell me if it's specific to my setup or an actual myth problem.

- George