[mythtv-users] DVB-T card

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Sun Sep 9 21:20:03 UTC 2012

On 07/09/12 22:42, phrippenatthekrotz wrote:

> So I ask the question here, If you where buying a DVB-T card today, which
> would you buy, one that would work out of the box?

Next time I have reason to upgrade (running 2x pci single tuners ATM) I will
be getting one of these:

     http://www.digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/Quad.html

<quote>

*Key features*

  * Supports all Australian DVB-T formats including 1080iHDTV (MP&HL), SDTV
    and AC3 Audio.
  * Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB+) support (Not supported by MS Media Center)
  * FM Radio Support (Not supported by MS Media Center)
  * BDA Drivers - DVB-T tuners work with MCE 2005, Vistaand Windows 7 Media
    Center, DNTV Scheduler Pro
    <http://www.digitalnow.com.au/DNTVscheduler.html> and other BDA based
    applications
  * 32 and 64 bit drivers
  * One RF input
  * Low profile form factor (both low profile and full height mounting
    brackets included)
  * Four tuners sharing one PCI-Express Slot
  * A Media Center style remote
    <http://www.digitalnow.com.au/otherproducts.html> for this card is
    available as an optional extra (add $15), if required.
  * *Linux Users,*the card uses the Realtek RTL2832U chipset which has Linux
    support - please read here
    <https://github.com/ambrosa/DVB-Realtek-RTL2832U-2.2.2-10tuner-mod_kernel-3.0.0#readme>
    and here <http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=11978>

</quote>