[mythtv-users] metadatalookup -- not searching tvdb after post processing RECORDED

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Oct 31 13:55:58 UTC 2012

On 31.10.2012 14:03, John wrote:
> On 31/10/12 11:21, John wrote:
>>
>> The recording rule has an inetref, it is set to series 1 episode 1. I
>> have removed the category saying its "Film-comedy", and the subtitle
>> is now populated. Struggling through the code, as long as the
>> recording has title subtitle and not categorised as Film or movie, it
>> should be seen as a "show" and tvdb run .
>
> category_type = "movie" in recordedprogram , I assume due to the eit.
> reverting it to "series" allows mythmetadata to do its thing.

If it is a problem we should simply not slap category_type movie on EIT
events in the first place.

Notice that plain old EIT does not carry a distinction between movie
and series! The EN 300 468 content_descriptor (PDF available for free
at ETSI) only describes the topic, not the form of the programme.

Its called "Movie/Drama" which makes sense if interpreted as
"movie or other dramaturgicaly scripted programme".

Regards,
Karl