[mythtv-users] metadatalookup -- not searching tvdb after post processing RECORDED

John reidjr at lineone.net
Wed Oct 31 16:26:02 UTC 2012

On 31/10/12 13:55, Karl Dietz wrote:
> On 31.10.2012 14:03, John wrote:
>> On 31/10/12 11:21, John wrote:
>>>
>>> The recording rule has an inetref, it is set to series 1 episode 1. I
>>> have removed the category saying its "Film-comedy", and the subtitle
>>> is now populated. Struggling through the code, as long as the
>>> recording has title subtitle and not categorised as Film or movie, it
>>> should be seen as a "show" and tvdb run .
>>
>> category_type = "movie" in recordedprogram , I assume due to the eit.
>> reverting it to "series" allows mythmetadata to do its thing.
>>

> If it is a problem we should simply not slap category_type movie on EIT
> events in the first place.
>
> Notice that plain old EIT does not carry a distinction between movie
> and series! The EN 300 468 content_descriptor (PDF available for free
> at ETSI) only describes the topic, not the form of the programme.
>
> Its called "Movie/Drama" which makes sense if interpreted as
> "movie or other dramaturgicaly scripted programme".
>
> Regards,
> Karl

Karl,

Thanks for reply. To be clear the original decision to categorize_type
as Movie, seems consistent, as it was based on the original eit data.
The eit had no subtitle, and the category shows up as  Film - Comedy.

What caused me a problem is that I am adding the subtitle later. By then
the recording is defined as a movie. I'm fiddling around with mysql, but
the more general case this could not be changed by "change recording
metadata" through the gui.

Mythweb doesnt seem to have the restriction/logic, and clicking on
"Metadata Homepage" takes you direct to the correct episode on tvdb.