[mythtv-users] Ideas to diagnose one faulty DVB-T adapter (on a dual adapter USB stick)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Oct 30 20:33:40 UTC 2012

On 30/10/12 19:48, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 30/10/12 19:19, John Pilkington wrote:
>
>> Ok, maybe slightly inappropriate.  If it wasn't helpful I'm sorry.
>> People do get into unnecessary difficulties with DVB tuning and the
>> choice of tool looked perhaps a little old-school.  Do you have a more
>> useful suggestion?
>>
>> If one section is dead it should perhaps be disabled.  If it has  a
>> faulty PID filter, or, more likely, one with a numerically small
>> hardware limit, it's unlikely to be fully satisfactory today.  Perhaps
>> consult the linuxtv list of devices to see if it does have a known
>> hardware limit, quite likely on an oldish device.  I doubt that tools
>> would be available to cure the problem, and new near-equivalents aren't
>> expensive.
>>

> After Googling the device I see it is claimed to pass the entire stream;
> no filtering.  No further suggestions.

There was a report on the linux-media list in July about being able to
get one or other but not both tuners working, followed by a statement
that it was working using 'twoflower' - whatever that is.  You may be
able to follow that up.

I would be inclined to use the card setup page in mythtvsetup and see if
it still recognises the two dvb-t devices.  If it does, delete all
tuners, re-install them, define them as inputs and rescan using the
technique I linked earlier.  Googling  some more about the specific
device, or asking here with it in the subject line, might be helpful too.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/50597