[mythtv-users] Ideas to diagnose one faulty DVB-T adapter (on a dual adapter USB stick)

Dan Gravell dan.gravell at talk21.com
Wed Oct 31 14:06:39 UTC 2012

Thanks for your advice.

Going back to your first response, I did originally try the MythTV tools (via mythtv-setup) but scanning the first adapter failed with no channels, the second worked. So similar to using scan, and it's easier to copy+paste the output from scan so I referenced that...

I'm pretty sure both worked a few months back. What I didn't say previously is that at one point in between then and now my young puppy managed to get behind my home server, toppling it. One of the USB sockets was ripped out but otherwise the server seemed to work fine. I didn't check the tuner, so maybe this was a casualty. I guess I'm wondering if some sort of physical damage might cause these errors.

Currently I have removed the first adapter from Input Cards and that seems to work for now. Shame I'm missing extra recording capability though.

Dan