[mythtv-users] Lost all recordings because of ".xsession-errors" file

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat Oct 13 12:39:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Steve Malenfant <smalenfant at gmail.com> wrote:
> A file named .xsessions-errors in my home directory was 937GB.

I've had this issue before many times on my Ubuntu system. The
offending application in my case was the Remmina remote desktop app.
If you let it just sit there for a while, it eventually got
disconnected (not sure if it's app error or a firewall issue) and then
output lines that say something like "network connection error"
hundreds of times per second into the .xsession-errors file until your
hard drive was full.

--
Ron Frazier