[mythtv-users] v0.26-rc2-43-g8611c6e - mythweb not working

Andrew mythtv at heathsworld.com
Sun Oct 7 05:48:19 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Martin Moores <moores.martin at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 6 October 2012 13:21, Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>> I'm having pretty much the same problem, but unfortunately for me,
>> apt-get remove --purge mythweb adn reinstalling doesn't work for me. Does
>> anyone have any other suggestions?
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Dave.
>>

> Dave,
>
> I had this issue when moving to 0.26.  In Synaptic, I did a complete
> removal of php (all components), apache2 (all components), phpmyadmin and
> mythweb.  I then re-installed phpmyadmin and mythweb, which also pulled in
> php and apache2.
>
> I then edited /etc/apache2/sites-available/mythweb.conf to include
> database name and credentials.  This fixed mythweb for me
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin

I just manually added my credentials without reinstalling anything,
restarted apache2 and it worked for me.  Config snafu in this upgrade for
sure!

 # Use the following environment settings to tell MythWeb where you want it
        # look to connect to the database, the name of the database to
connect to, and
        # the authentication info to use to connect.  The defaults will
usually work
        # fine unless you've changed mythtv's mysql.txt file, or are
running MythWeb on
        # a different server from your main backend.  Make sure you have
mod_env enabled.
        #
            setenv db_server        "localhost"
            setenv db_name          "mythconverg"