[mythtv-users] MythTV for Android Update

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 18:57:00 UTC 2012

All,

For those following the project, I wanted to make you aware of a few
changes.

1.  In compliance with the core MythTV development team, we have changed
the name of the application to MythTV Android Frontend

2. The code repository has changed locations.  For those of you following
the code and building it yourself, you can now find it at the URL listed
below.  There is a new project on github.com to follow all available
alternative frontends.  For instance, one is already started for the Roku
platform.  The Android frontend has now joined that repository.  This
repository is owned by the core MythTV development team.

https://github.com/MythTV-Clients/MythTV-Android-Frontend

3. The MythTV Services API is now publicly available on Maven Central.  For
Java developers out there, you can add this to your Maven POM files and use
it in any java application.  For those following the Android app, this
means you no longer need to download and compile the MythTV Services API
from the github repository.  It will automatically get loaded from the
Maven Central Repository.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Dan and the MythTV Android Frontend Development Team.

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>