[mythtv-users] mythexport or nuvexport

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Fri Oct 5 03:59:34 UTC 2012

On 5 October 2012 08:18, Martin Moores <moores.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4 October 2012 10:42, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>

>>> I updated it, got a different error, did some Googling and found others
>>> with the same issue, changing "-preset" to "-vpreset" fixed it for me.
>>>

>> Oh ok. Interesting. I'll look into that. ffmpeg does change the way
>> options are used every now and then,
>

> Yeah, I see a lot of posts about things changing, no problem
>

>>  Working fine from the command line, but it just stalls as a user job,
>>> never changes from "queued".  In the backend log, I can see the tvdb
>>> metadata lookup happening, but nothing else.  Did anyone else get this
>>> working?
>>>

>> Do you have mythweb? Can you see if the job is still there queued?
>> Perhaps it never got started because of the time period you have set
>> up for user jobs.
>>
>> Yes, mythweb shows it as "Queued".  I can also see the job via the
> frontend in the information centre and am able to remove the stalled jobs
> from there.
>
> Only realised earlier that you wrote this script, spotted the "glidos"
> username on the wiki and email address.  So thanks for the script!
>
> Just to confirm what I have done, don't want to waste anyones time with a
> silly mistake:
>
> Grabbed the script from the wiki, stuck it in a file in my home directory
> called "mythtranscode" (also tried with "mythtranscode.sh", not sure if
> that would make a difference.
>
> ran chmod a+x on the script
>
> In mythtv-setup, entered the following as a userjob called "Mythtranscode":
>
> /home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "%CHANID%" --starttime "%STARTTIME%"
> --title "%TITLE%" --subtitle "%SUBTITLE%" --outdir
> /media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough
>
> NOTE: Looking through the setup for this post, I found that on one of the
> previous screens, there is a tick box to enable each user job, this was not
> checked.  Weird that I was still able to start the job off with this not
> ticked.  Job still doesn't run properly though...
>
> So after checking the user job on, it now starts to run, but errors out,
> rather than staying queued:
>
> Oct  4 23:06:56 MYTHTV1 mythlogserver: mythbackend[1878]: I UserJob_1439
> jobqueue.cpp:2409 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: Started MythTranscode for
> Homeland:"The Vest" recorded from channel 1004 at 2012-04-29T19:55:00Z
> Oct  4 23:06:56 MYTHTV1 mythlogserver: mythbackend[1878]: E UserJob_1439
> jobqueue.cpp:2444 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: User Job
> '/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004" --starttime "20120429205500"
> --title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest" --outdir
> /media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough' failed.
>
> So not much info to go on there.
>
> Running that line "/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004" --starttime
> "20120429205500" --title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest" --outdir
> /media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough" in the terminal, I get:
>
> "Failed to derive fifo formats"

> [...]
git clone https://github.com/MythTV/nuvexport.git

then I manually move items to the correct location

cd nuvexport/
sudo cp nuvexport /usr/bin/
sudo cp nuvexportrc /etc/
sudo cp nuvinfo /usr/bin/
sudo cp -rf nuvexport/ /usr/share/

I just use nuvexport in a user job

/usr/bin/nuvexport --infile="%FILE%" --path=/storage2/videos --height=400
--width=720 --mode=xvid --deinterlace --nonoise_reduction --cutlist
--noconfirm --nice=19

this way its all contained within the database so I dont need to remember
to backup scripts if I ever move my backend.

Cheers,

Anthony