[mythtv-users] mythexport or nuvexport

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 22:18:33 UTC 2012

On 4 October 2012 10:42, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:

>> I updated it, got a different error, did some Googling and found others
>> with the same issue, changing "-preset" to "-vpreset" fixed it for me.
>>

> Oh ok. Interesting. I'll look into that. ffmpeg does change the way
> options are used every now and then,

Yeah, I see a lot of posts about things changing, no problem

>  Working fine from the command line, but it just stalls as a user job,
>> never changes from "queued".  In the backend log, I can see the tvdb
>> metadata lookup happening, but nothing else.  Did anyone else get this
>> working?
>>

> Do you have mythweb? Can you see if the job is still there queued?
> Perhaps it never got started because of the time period you have set
> up for user jobs.
>
> Yes, mythweb shows it as "Queued".  I can also see the job via the
frontend in the information centre and am able to remove the stalled jobs
from there.

Only realised earlier that you wrote this script, spotted the "glidos"
username on the wiki and email address.  So thanks for the script!

Just to confirm what I have done, don't want to waste anyones time with a
silly mistake:

Grabbed the script from the wiki, stuck it in a file in my home directory
called "mythtranscode" (also tried with "mythtranscode.sh", not sure if
that would make a difference.

ran chmod a+x on the script

In mythtv-setup, entered the following as a userjob called "Mythtranscode":

/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "%CHANID%" --starttime "%STARTTIME%"
--title "%TITLE%" --subtitle "%SUBTITLE%" --outdir
/media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough

NOTE: Looking through the setup for this post, I found that on one of the
previous screens, there is a tick box to enable each user job, this was not
checked.  Weird that I was still able to start the job off with this not
ticked.  Job still doesn't run properly though...

So after checking the user job on, it now starts to run, but errors out,
rather than staying queued:

Oct  4 23:06:56 MYTHTV1 mythlogserver: mythbackend[1878]: I UserJob_1439
jobqueue.cpp:2409 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: Started MythTranscode for
Homeland:"The Vest" recorded from channel 1004 at 2012-04-29T19:55:00Z
Oct  4 23:06:56 MYTHTV1 mythlogserver: mythbackend[1878]: E UserJob_1439
jobqueue.cpp:2444 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: User Job
'/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004" --starttime "20120429205500"
--title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest" --outdir
/media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough' failed.

So not much info to go on there.

Running that line "/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004" --starttime
"20120429205500" --title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest" --outdir
/media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough" in the terminal, I get:

"Failed to derive fifo formats"

Which I can see in the script, but not entirely sure what it means.  The
script has ran successfully on one of the Homeland recordings before, when
I was testing it out, so don't think the source video is bad.

Cheers

Martin