[mythtv-users] MythWeb over HTTPS using mod_rewrite

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri May 25 15:05:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Joe Nyland <joe at joenyland.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks Ron, but unfortunately that didn't help, I'm afraid. It's
> a good suggestion though, which I hadn't thought of.

OK, on further thought, I'm not even sure how the rewrite rule comes
into play. It seems like it's used to redirect an HTTP request to
HTTPS. However, once that is done, I would think the rewrite rule
should never be invoked again. On my system, HTTPS works fine with
mythweb. I never get any warnings that an HTTPS page is loading
resources from HTTP, and looking at the firebug Net tab, all of the
request being sent remain HTTPS. I'm thinking your problem may be
something else.

Does your proxy work propery with form. Looking at it now, I see that
the Listing's time box uses a POST rather than a GET. If you go to the
Upcoming Recordings page, does the boxes at the top (for filtering
what recordings to display) work properly?

> I also tried the ${THE_REQUEST} one too, but that failed spectacularly :-(
>
> Is there any other info that I could provide that would help others get a better ides of what's going on?
>
> Firebug shows that the navigation buttons on the listings page don't actually use href type links, but Javascript onclick= type links. From what I've read on mod_rewrite, these javascript links would be untouched, would they not? I have misunderstood the documentation on this though.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

Ron Frazier