[mythtv-users] are missing recordings automatically re-recorded when available?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue May 22 00:05:53 UTC 2012

On 12-05-21 07:29 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Well, current MythTV isn't designed to manage metadata in Watch
> Recordings for recordings without files.

And that's fair enough.  Certainly what I want to do is outside the
realm of a typical/normal workflow I'd think.

> If you want to hack around the system and you really want to have a
> bunch of missing files slowing down Watch Recordings, you can put all of
> the recordings into a recording group ("Missing Files" or whatever),
> then "touch" the file for each one, then select that recording group in
> Watch Recordings and add the group to the playlist, then use Playlist
> Options to choose "Allow this episode to re-record", then go delete the
> 0-byte files.

Ahhh.  Nice solution.  Except that I don't seem to have a menu option on
these broken recordings to even change their recording group.  The only
options are "Show Recording Details", "Delete", and "Add to Playlist".
I might be able to use the playlist to change the recording group,
however...

I can cobble up some shell-script to give me a list of recordings that
have a missing file and create 0-byte files from that list so this first
problem is not really a huge problem.  However, even with recordings
tagged (and of course untagged as described previously), there isn't a
playlist option to "Allow ... re-record"

Cheers,
b.