[mythtv-users] Back-end Virtualization

Nathan Hawkins nateh at thfcom.com
Thu May 10 01:22:31 UTC 2012

Is 'Anyone' virtualizing their backend?! I cant believe I'm the only person out there who wants to do this... If you are using a VM...please explain how ya have things setup. If you aren't and you feel inclined to contribute please add what you think the best hardware would be to use to accomplish this goal. Personally I think you have to use 64 Bit USB tuner cards/sticks (w/e ya wanna call em...) and then share the USB resource through the base platform thru to the VM. Its totally theoretical, but I have a WinTV-HVR 950 and I want to give it a go. Does Myth recognize these cards in the base code or do I have to mess around with drivers?