[mythtv-users] Any luck with airplay?

Jon Heizer jheizermythtv at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 14:29:51 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Friday, 30 March 2012, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
> > Could you give some examples of iOS apps where streaming ought to work?
>  YouTude?  iMovie, or the Apple Video or Music apps?  Internet streaming
> radio apps?
> >

> Videos and music are the two apps for which it works.
> I know it doesn't with AirVideo

Well I got closer last night.  I realzed "Failed to register service" was
because I had installed avahi on my PXE host machine and not in the
chroot.  Now I get a nice mythtv list on the ipad but nothing ever plays.
Just silence if I try to send just the audio and nothing at all if I send
everything.  I don't see anything in the mythfrontend log once it has
finished registering the service that it is attempting to play anything nor
is there anything in the syslog for avahi so I am not sure what my problem
is now.   The FE sitting on the main menu ok?  Guess I should have tried
other FE logging params to see if that gave me anymore info but did not
think about that till now.

Jon