[mythtv-users] stutter playback of h264 on geforce 210 but not on ION

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Wed Mar 28 13:23:59 UTC 2012

On 12-03-27 03:17 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I have two FEs both on the same version of master
> (v0.25-beta-99-gff73126) and while one (an ION) plays a certain h264
> video just fine, a GeForce 210 machine stutters really badly.

Dunno about "Ion", but the second-generation "Ion2" is more capable
than a GT210.  That's most likely what you have there, so no surprise.

I'd suggest tweaking vdpaubuffersize, except you're on master so that
should be automatic (and indeed harmful to tweak there).

Can you boot from a mythtv-0.24.x "live CD" (eg. Mythbuntu)
and try playing the video from that, just for comparison to see
if this is a regression of some kind?

Cheers