[mythtv-users] Live TV Program Change Over

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 00:02:32 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Scott & Nicole Harris
<snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
> I have had always had an issue during Live TV during the change over form
> program to another (not a channel change).  In < 0.25, there would be an ~5
> second “freeze” at the change over point, but playback very reliably always
> continued playing after the freeze.
>
> With 0.25, the reliability of the continuation of playback has become rather
> suspect with it frequently crashing back to the MythTV menu with the “live
> buffer failed too many times” (paraphrased).  The other night, my wife was
> up all night with a sick kid and told me that “the TV kept giving me this
> error message every 30 minutes”.  I didn’t put 2 and 2 together until
> tonight when it died on me during the local news –> nightly news and then
> nightly news –> what ever was next.  So I looked back at what she was
> watching that night and sure enough, it was all 30 minute sitcom reruns.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions for addressing this?  I’m wondering if maybe
> giving Live TV a second storage group on a separate disk from the first Live
> TV storage group might help?  It occurs on my MBE/FE locally as well as my
> remote FEs.

There is another recent thread about a similar problem on changes to
and from commercial breaks. It seemed to be traced to changes in the
audio stream going from program-->commercial (and maybe the other
direction too). Might this be the same problem?

I found it... http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/509778#509778

You may have a similar problem?