[mythtv-users] scan for changes

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Mar 26 20:28:07 UTC 2012

On 3/26/2012 16:11, Tom Lichti wrote:
> Although through some testing by dumping the database,
> create a recording through the frontend, stop recording, dump the
> database again and compare the difference, I only see recorded being
> hit, not sure what the other 11 tables are, but I'll take a look at
> MiroBridge.

To get something to show up, the `recorded` table is really the only one
you actually need.  To behave properly, you need to add matching entries
to `recordedprogram` and `oldrecorded`.  You also need to add a dummy
`videosource` and `channel` to map the recording to.  You need to
populate seek data in `recordedseek`, and besides the skiplist and
cutlist, there are a handful of additional bits of information stored in
`recordedmarkup`.  Those seven should be considered required.

I was adding in `capturecard` and `cardinput`, but you only need the
channel, not something to record it with.  Any optional cast information
would be in `people` and `recordedcredits`.  Any banners or backdrops
would be stored in `recordedartwork`.  Content ratings would get stored
in `recordedrating`, although that and the previous three should be
handled by the metadata importer.  Depending on how well integrated you
want to make it, you could add entries to `channelgroup`,
`channelgroupnames`, and `playgroup`.